Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crew's Nursery


The anticipated nursery is finally finished! We are ready for baby Crew to be in his room!

I found a picture on Pinterest that I loved and used for my inspiration for a lot of the room. When I first saw the deer head I instantly fell in love and knew that it would fit us perfectly. The deer antlers and country theme really helped Daniel get excited, too! I also loved the pop of orange that this room had in it. This is the picture I used for my inspiration:

http://www.ontobaby.com/gallery/eclectic-woodland-nursery/?pid=22447

Crew's room turned out even better than I expected! I absolutely love it & I love it even more because we did so much of everything ourselves. So, lets go on a tour!




This is what you see when you walk into his room. We made many of the things you see ourselves. The deer antlers are from the Gurley Farm...at first Daniel didn't want me to put such small antlers on the wall. I had to remind him that this was for a baby! Daniel made the wood sign that says his name on it with barnwood from an old barn and old wire from the farm. He did the whole thing himself, and I am in love with it just because of that! I made the rug, crib skirt and the mobile! We got the blanket as a shower gift also.
 
This is a close up of the antlers and his name sign. Crew has a really cute quilt coming that will drape over the bed being made by his Grammy...but, its not quite done yet! :)
 
 
We added two shelves for holding books, etc. The teddy bear was one of Daniel's favorites when he was little, and the little red combine matches the combine that Daniel has.
 
Close up of the clay antlers we made for the mobile. I saw this idea on Etsy & knew I could re-create my own! Daniel helped me wire it together and to the ceiling.
 
 
 
As you keep turning to the right you will see his dresser (sorry for some of the clothes still on the ground, I am still sorting). The dresser is one I have had for awhile & its really old but I LOVED the knobs. Daniel sanded it and I painted it to try and match the room.  I made the lamp that has the deer head on it and spray painted an old mirror that my cousin gave me, orange.
 

 
 
As you keep turning around, you will see his changing table. We made the chevron changing pad cover and I bought the orange cubes online. I got the grey containters from Thirty One and they have an orange C monogrammed on them! Crew's closet is the one on the left & the closet on the right is still full of our stuff!
My aunt made us this sign that says, " To go to sleep, I count antlers not sheep." Love it & it fits so well in his room.
Lastly, this is a picture of the curtains we made. Notice that the curtain rod has antlers on the end! Love it! :) My aunt got us some really cute blankets that I wanted to display also.
 
 
I am in love with his room & can't wait for him to be here an be able to actually use the room!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment