Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Checkup & Breast Feeding Class

I went in yesterday for my weekly checkup. I was very nervous going into it because I knew this would be my first time getting 'checked' and that whole aspect scared the living daylights out of me. They always check my weight before I go back, so I stepped on the scale. This time, it came out at a whopping 141 & Daniel wasn't there to have his foot on the scale, so I knew it was accurate. That means I gained almost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Oh lord, help me!

Then I went back and had our last ultrasound. She did this to get measurements on the baby. She tried so hard to get a good face shot of him, but his is VERY low and has his head nuzzled against my hip bone. She never could get a good face shot, but we could see him sucking on his little thumb. Its amazing how big they get. Going into the first ultrasound it looks like a tiny little bean, and then this time she had to move it around so much just to get a shot of a foot, or a hand. The ultrasound tech guessed that he weighs 5 lbs. 11oz or somewhere in the area.

Then I went in and had my check with the doctor. She did the test for Strep B and then checked me to see if I was dilated. (It really wasn't as bad as I was thinking it might be!) She confirmed that his head was really low and that she could FEEL it! She also said I was dilated to a 1. Poor Daniel is trying to get everything done in the field before this baby gets here and she said to tell him not to worry, she definitely doesn't think we will have a baby this week. She said that she would guess he will be 7 pounds when he's born. It's getting so close it is almost unreal.

I then had my breastfeeding class that night after my appointment. Daniel was 'banned' from the class by me because he couldn't stop laughing in the first class about birth! I knew he would have a hay day at this class, so he wasn't allowed. Luckily, he was so busy on the farm he didn't even notice.  It was very informative and I am glad that there will be a lactation consultant at the hospital ready to help when I need it. There were 2 of them and they were both so kind and even gave us their cell phone numbers to call at anytime! Feeling more and more prepared as the days go by!

Weight: 141 (gained 27 lbs. total)
Heartbeat: 150's

No comments:

Post a Comment