Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baby Shower! && Name Reveal

My side of the family threw us a wonderful baby shower on June 15. My sister, Shelby, worked so hard getting everything ready and making sure that everything matched his room & theme. She did such a great job and she deserves a huge thank you for all the time and work she put into the shower. Shelby, you rock! My mom, cousin Emily and aunt Nancy also helped her with the shower and food! They are all so great and I am so lucky to have such a great family.

They had the shower at my moms house & when I walked in I was so surprised how wonderful everything looked. It was perfectly decorated!



 
 
If you haven't guessed by now, the baby's name is Crew. Shelby really wanted to display his name sign that we put above his bed in the nursery at the shower. So, we figured then was as good a time as any to reveal his name. Daniel and I had a hard time trying to decide what to name this little fella. I looked through baby book after baby book & I think that being a teacher made it even harder to find a name that I liked. And, if I would find a name that I liked it had to then sound good with Gurley, which was a hard task. One day I sat down and wrote all the names I liked on a sheet of paper. When Daniel got home he read over them all and said, I kinda like Crew. And, I said I liked it too, but it was different and I just wasn't sure. So we tossed around names for a month or two but always kept coming back to Crew. I love that it is unique, but not too weird. We still haven't decided on a middle name, yet! My dad and cousin Matt have suggested middle names such as Cab, Cut or Zin, but I can assure you those won't be his middle name!  Back to the shower....

When everyone had arrived we ate and then played some fun shower games! The first game we played was a game with all the onesies that were hanging. I had to guess who brought each onesie, because it had something to do with themselves. Here are the onesies:
I got a good laugh out of the one in the middle. It is from Shelby and the baby is wearing jail attire and it says, "underage drinking" on it! Ha. Definitely fit her and I knew that one right away!

Then, we played the infamous string game where people had to cut a piece of string that they thought was the same size as my belly. Some people were not very nice and had large pieces of string:
 But, grandma knew best and her piece of string was almost perfect! She only had a tiny bit of string left over! Way to go, grandma!
Then, we opened gifts. We are so blessed to have such great family and friends. We got tons of things that we needed! I had a great time at the shower, it just went by too fast!

1 comment:

  1. Wao! Lovely cake and cupcakes! Baby shower is a special time for mommy to be. My cousin selected one of the alluring event space Atlanta for her boutique exhibition last month. Display mirrors were amazing. Refreshment and drink providers were suggested by me. Got a huge sale the same day.

    ReplyDelete