Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Checkup & Birth Class

    We went for our 2 week check up and also birthing class on June 10. I had my check up first with my doctor and it was quick, but everything seems to be going well. She felt around on my stomach and confirmed that baby is still head down. We also got to hear the heartbeat and she measured me and said I was still right on track! Her saying that is always so reassuring! I really like her and love that she gives me plenty of time to ask questions and I never feel rushed.
    Once we left we still had about an hour to kill before our class, so we got a 'snack' at Dairy Queen. I am really starting to forget who is pregnant here b/c Daniel CAN NOT stop eating! We shared a chicken strip basket and I got the Smore's Shake I had been wanting to try and he got a strawberry shake. We shared the chicken strips, but I didn't love my shake. So, Mr. had his shake and mine, too! Ha! It just cracks me up how much he has been eating here lately.
    Then we went to the birthing class. I am SO glad that we signed up and went to this. It made me feel so much better about what is to come. The girl leading the class is a nurse in The Birth Place and she was very informative and helpful. Also, it was nice to know that we know one of the nurses that works there! It will be nice to see a familiar face while we are there. They talked about contractions, the epidural, etc. The first question Daniel asked was if we were going to have to watch a video of a birth. She said yes and he said he was closing his eyes and ears and not watching! The girl was having computer problems, but she did show us a couple videos (that weren't that bad) but, Daniel did not appreciate seeing them! Ha! I'm a little scared he has no clue what he's in for, even though he assures me he knows how cows do it & we are probably the same!
       They also gave us a tour of The Birth Place and you stay in your room from before baby until you go home. I love that. Also, there is a couch for Daniel to sleep on as well. They said they are pretty lenient about visitors & if we feel up to it, they can come whenever. She also said that they try to provide almost everything for mom and baby so that we don't have to bring much & don't have tons of laundry to do when we get home. They also have a snack room for the dads! (Daniels favorite part!) And, on our last night they give us a steak & shrimp dinner. Wahoo! Every aspect of it seemed wonderful and I am so glad I chose to have this baby in Bolivar.

Weight: 136 (gained 22 lbs so far)
Heartbeat: 150's

No comments:

Post a Comment