Thursday, May 2, 2013

3D Ultrasound

I had been debating whether or not I wanted to get a 3D ultrasound for awhile. Most places that I checked were quite expensive...upwards of 200 dollars! To me, I just could not jusify spending that on 10 pictures, when I would actually get to meet him in 10 weeks! And, Im a pretty frugal person & would rather spend that money on things for the baby room instead. I had decided that we probaby were not going to get one. But, I got on Facebook & a friend had told me about the hospital in El Dorado Springs that only charged 75 dollars. I talked with Daniel and we decided that we were going to do it! I made an appointment for a Friday afternoon and off we went.

The hospital was about 30 minutes away from our house, and I was really excited to see our baby. He had been moving a ton lately and I could feel he had gotten alot bigger, so I couldn't wait to see him! Daniel just wanted her to double check that he was still a boy! :) We got there and didn't have to wait at all to go in. I thought it was amazing how the tech could tell where things were right away & quickly showed him to us. It is so amazing how the pictures change from 2D to 3D and become so clear!

She quickly told us that he was really low and snuggled close to me, which would make it hard to get a good face shot. His umbilical cord was close to his head, too so that made it hard to see his face in most pictures. I was alright with not getting a great face shot, I was just amazed that we could see his fingers, toes, mouth, lips, eyes, etc so clear! Getting the 3D made me feel better! I hadnt seen baby in about 8 weeks, so I was glad to see how big he was and see all his little body parts! To me, the ultrasound was definitly worth it for 75 dollars! We have decided that Baby G has Daniel's lips and my nose....now just about 10 more weeks until we can see for sure!!! Here are just some of the pictures of our sweet little boy:

Face shot

Little foot with his face in the background

Baby has hair already

Resting his head on his arm. Didn't want to move from this position

Eyes open

See my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment