Friday, May 24, 2013

2 week checkup...5/23/13

I went for my two week checkup yesterday. I also made Daniel a foot doctor appointment because he has really flat feet and has been complaining alot lately about his knees killing him. So, we had his appointment first in Springfield, then had my appointment in Bolivar that afternoon. The doctor told Daniel he needed to stretch his calves to help his feet & also ordered him some new inserts that are made from molds of his feet. Hopefully this helps his feet and knees. We will see!
After his appointent, we went to Bolivar for mine. These two week appointments get pretty repetitive, but I love to hear his heartbeat! She comes in and checks my blood pressure, weight, and then checks babies heartbeat. Usually she puts it on my stomach and you can instantly hear him. This time, she put it on my stomach and NOTHING. I instantly freaked out, tears swelling up in my eyes and looking at Daniel, then she moved the monitor a little bit lower and there was his precious heartbeat. I have never been so worried. Usually we hear it instantly, so I was not ready to not hear it! Scared me to death! After that, she always measures my stomach. She said I was measuring right at 32 weeks, which made me feel good, too. Everyone always tells me I look too small...blah blah blah. So tired of hearing that I am too small (hormones, maybe?!) But, when I hear things like that I start worrying that there isn't enough room for baby, etc. It's nice to hear that he is measuring right along!

I also have been dying to ask her if I can paint the baby's dresser. I wanted to make sure Daniel was there so he could hear her answer in person. So, I asked, & she said it was fine. Daniel was not impressed (as the doctor could see by his facial expression), but dresser painting HERE I COME!

She said at the next appointment we will schedule the rest of my appointments and I will start getting checked at my weekly appointments starting at 35 weeks! How did this pregnancy fly by so fast?! We are in the home stretch!

Weight: 134 (gained 20 pounds exactly)
Heartbeat: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment