Wednesday, December 19, 2012

1st Appointment

   Now that I knew I was pregnant, I called my OBGYN in Springfield to make an appointment. This is my first year teaching and I switched to school insurance. When I made the appointment they took my new insurance and called a few days later saying they did not take the new insurance. So, I was now on the hunt for a new doctor, but I hated to leave my old one because she was so great.
   My old doctor recommended a lady in Bolivar. I totally trusted her judgement, so I called and made an appointment. My first appointment was December 18, 2012. We walked in and instantly I loved the nurse practitioner. She was so patient and when I begged to get an ultrasound before Christmas, she let me have one! She said, "There is no way you can tell everyone at Christmas without pictures!"
I had to give 6 viles of blood, which I did awesome at. Glad I've always given blood...makes it easy now! My initial weight was 114. They said I was 'very underweight'.  I thought that was rude...I mean, I can't gain weight if I wanted too! Guess that's about to change.
   They then let us do the ultrasound. It was amazing. I could not believe that our tiny little baby was moving all around! I can't believe I couldn't feel the all the moving baby G was doing. We were both speechless. It was just amazing. After she was done with the ultrasound I told Dan I was glad it wasn't twins! He looked shocked and said he didn't even think of that! He was glad I didn't mention it before or he would have been really nervous for the ultrasound. Ha! Here is our sweet baby at 10 weeks.

Weight: 114

Heartbeat: 174

Due date: July 18, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment